Zinnias come in different shapes, sizes, and colors and they will illuminate the beauty of your garden and house. Zinnia flowers are available in different colors like purple, white, red, green, and orange.
Zinnia can tolerate summer heat and tolerate drought so we can grow zinnia very easily in all the circumstances. Zinnias are annuals, shrubs, members of the daisy family closely related to the sunflower, and very popular among the gardens because it is very easy to grow zinnias.
Growing Zinnias Indoor From The Seeds.
- Sprouts will appear from seeds after 1-2 if you take care of your plant properly and are watered properly you can harvest plants decorate your house and illuminate the beauty of your garden.
- For proper growth of the zinnias plant, it requires at least 6-8 hours of light for proper growth.
Things You Need For Growing Zinnias Plant Indoor.
- Potting soil.
- Plant food (as it has a balanced blend of phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and all the essential nutrients which are required for plant growth.
- At Least 6 hours of light is required for the proper growth of plants.
- Zinnias grow well in the moist soil so watered your zinnia plant regularly but keep that in mind standing water too long is dangerous for the plant it can rot.
Step By Step Process Of Growing Indoor.
1. Preparing A Planter For Growing Zinnia:
For growing zinnia plants, ceramic self-watering pots are best for growing plants. So buy it and fill it with potting soil. You can buy potting soil from a nursery or you can make it at home, add ⅓ of coco peat, ½ of peat moss, ⅓ of compost, and ¼ of organic and mix well.
Then dump into a large bowl and water until the soil is moist and add one tablespoon of balanced blend plant food. Then fill up your self-watering ceramic pot with this soil.
2. Sow Seeds.
After filling the pot with the soil, sow seeds ¼ inches deep in the soil and sow 4-5 seeds. Keep the soil warm (70-90F) but the ideal temperature is 80F. If you take care of your plant properly your seed will germinate after 3-7 days.
3. Place The Pot On The Sunny spot.
Place the plant on a sunny spot as it needs 6 hours of light for proper growth. So try to place your pot near the window where it can uptake light.
Water your plant frequently. A lot of water is required for the proper growth of the zinnia plant. Water your plant twice daily but the morning time is the best for watering. Water your plants properly
5. Sunlight Requirement For The Zinnia Plant.
The Zinnia plant requires at least 6 hours of light for the proper growth of the plant.
If you are growing zinnia plants outdoors then sunlight is not a big deal but for growing zinnia indoor sunlight is a very big issue. Zinnia is a long day-length plant so for solving the sunlight issue you can use a 24 W Screw-in Bulb Sansi, clamp light.
6. Balance Blend Plant Food.
For the proper growth of zinnia, plants need nutrients like phosphorus, nitrogen, and potassium. For providing all the necessary nutrients you can use Dr Earth All Purpose. It is best for the zinnia plant.
7. Taking Care Of The Zinnia Plant.
Take care of your zinnia plant properly if you take care properly your seed will germinate after 3 days it will sprout and in 7-10, it will convert to seedling. Then it will gradually be converted into a flower to increase the time of your zinnia plant by pruning and removing the flowers before they are converted into seed.
8. Cutting And Pruning.
Take care of your plant properly. You can do it by cutting and pruning as pruning encourages plant growth. By cutting you can give shape to your plant and by pruning you will remove dead cells and diseased and broken branches.
9. Harvesting Of Zinnia.
After three months, pick flowers, otherwise, they will be converted into seeds. With these flowers, you can decorate your room and house and they will also illuminate the beauty of your garden.
- Zinnias are not well suited for indoor environments so it’s better to grow outdoors. Your zinnias plant is not a houseplant; its life span is only just a few months but by taking care properly you can help out in the survival.